Thursday, March 29, 2007

Completely honored and humbled




I was so honored this past week to have had five of my images chosen for Accolades of Excellence by the Wedding and Portrait Photographer International association. Nearly 2700 images were submitted by some of the best photographers in the world so it was very exciting to see my work hung at the convention in Las Vegas along side such well respected artists. The really amazing thing was that I only submitted 7 images in total and both of the images that were not picked by the WPPI judges were selected by top wedding photographer David Beckstead to go on his Admired by Beckstead site. Honestly, I am blown away by all this and totally humbled that my work has been chosen for these honors. I want to thank my wonderful wife Stephanie without who's support and love none of this would be possible and also to the rest of my family and friends who have supported me along the way.

2007 has already been an amazingly blessed year. I have had the opportunity to become personal friends with top photographers like Chris and Lynn Jaska, Jason Groupp, and TJ Cameron. These are some of my most admired photographers and people who's opinions and work I greatly respect. I have to thank all of you for taking the time to help me along and push me to become a better artist.

Those of you who know me well know that I am really not very good at bragging about myself...though I probably could have fooled you with that first paragraph! Honestly, I am really not even very good at taking a compliment! Don't get me wrong, everyone likes validation that their work is solid but it just is strange to have my peers compliment me, especially when it is someone I really look up to. I just say "thank you" and try to change the subject! I think it is kind of immature of me actually and I am resolving to get better about it....not that I will ever be a person who's ego needs to hear it, my head just isn't that big :) What is most important to me is that I love what I do and I am glad my clients love it as well. I am very excited to see what the rest of 2007 will bring!




8 comments:

jason groupp said...

Thank you Stephanie for letting Colin hang with us! :) Congrats man! That rocks, no surprise though, they are great shots!

colinmichael said...

Haha, Jason is wise! Steph says that next time she is coming too!
Great to meet you too Greg. I will be down in OC in a couple weeks. I'm not sure what end of SD you are in but we should try to meet up.

Anonymous said...

Jason - No Problem! Although, I am a little jealous that he's having so much fun with you guys. I may have to head out to NY too! Do you need an assitant? I'm getting really good! :) I was holding the lights for some of these award winning photos!

Colin - Your pics always amaze me. Congrats on the awards, you're an amazing photographer...and husband.

Steph

His Creations Photography said...

Colin,
This doesn't surprise me the least bit. Your work is amazing!! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Congratualtions!!! I feel lucky I got to model for someone so talented!! :) Thanks for making me feel so pretty lol

Tim Halberg said...

freaking awesome man! keep rocking it!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Well deserved... Just had a look at your website & you have some amazing shots, especially in your "style" section & I'm in love with your vineyard (it is a vineyard, right?!) shot you've posted here, it's beautiful :)

Chris+Lynn said...

A belated but HUGE congratulations, Colin! It was soooo fantastic to see all your beautiful images while walking the aisles at the print competition. Your images rock! Can't wait for you to shoot with us in September; we're so looking forward to meeting Stephanie and Caiden!