Saturday, March 10, 2007

Becky



I owed a favor to a great makeup artist I know, Sonya Borton, so I wanted to do a shoot that showed off her skills. My model fell through at the last moment so we used her engaged roommate Becky instead. Turns out that Becky is not only engaged and getting married in May, but she is also a model and a very good one at that!
It is always so fun to shoot in public areas because of the reactions of people passing by. For the shot of Becky crossing the street I was using 2 assistants each holding lights so we ended up causing a commotion and had a bit of an audience, it was pretty funny. I caught several people looking over my shoulder trying to see the image on the back of my camera then ohhh and awwwws at what they saw. It was quite possibly the best audience I have ever had! One guy even wanted to get into the picture but I had to turn him down... :)
If you are in need of a makeup artist for your wedding you should call Sonya at 661.703.7596. I have worked with her a few times now and am very impressed at how adaptable she is and how well she meets client expectations. Plus she is really laid back and that is so important on your wedding day!




3 comments:

Lisa said...

Colin-
These are all amazing-
I just love them all and would be hard pressed to pick a favorite-

your off camera lighting is perfection!

Anonymous said...

love the street photo....amazing.....what very great compliments to Sonya and Becky.

- Ryan Flynn Photography - said...

rockin' shots, man. vintage colin michael style!