Monday, April 02, 2007

Funny WPPI Video





As I mentioned before, I was at the WPPI conference in Vegas most of last week (yes, I'm still trying to catch up on sleep). While there, I met Zack Arias while I was leading a small group of photographers on the Las Vegas strip. Zack is a great photographer and a dyed in the wool Nikon user. Seeing as we have a fairly similar style and that we both love moody and darker imagery as well as loving to use one off camera flash, I thought that it would be irresponsible of me not to make Zack try out my Canon 5D ;) haha, I think I just cost him $10K!
Another huge thanks to Chris plus Lynn, TJ Cameron and Jason Groupp for setting up the shoot! Everyone had a great time and the models were fantastic.

Check out this video Zack did from his trip. About half of the way through you will see lots of footage from the above shoot as well as Zack's first experience with my Canon 5D camera. It was a bit of a madhouse shooting on the strip as tons of extra photographers jumped in so it looks a bit paparazzi, but it was still really fun! I got a chance to show some other photographers how I create different and more dramatic images by using off camera flash and we all got a chance to have a great time! I'm really looking forward to next year!

2 comments:

jason groupp said...

Great shots man! Glad you had fun on the shoot...

Anonymous said...

HA! So, YOU'RE the guy that's turned Zack to the dark side?!