Thursday, February 15, 2007

Going North



I'm headed up North for a day or two to get in some shooting and visiting with family. Stay tuned, we have some pretty wild shoots planned, I'm really excited!
After a quick trip to the camera store I get the chance to lunch in the city with Gene Higa." As I mentioned in an earlier post, Gene is the top of the food chain for destination wedding photographers, if you haven't seen his work you need to. I was late for his workshop at OSP West, which was amazing, so what an awesome opportunity to get to sit down with him for a bit. Did I mention we both grew up in Santa Cruz? Doesn't get much better than that! Gene is a fun and easy going guy so I am really looking forward to it.
After meeting so many incredible people and great photographers lately I have made a vow to not be such a hermit out here in the woods so I am to get out and make some new friends in the industry. So look out! The Colin Michael Photo Tour may be coming to a city near you...

3 comments:

jason groupp said...

Cool shot man. Gotta get you out here to NYC soon! Safe travels.

Anonymous said...

Colin,

So great to connect with you. I had a blast. Next time I am down that way, I will stop by. By the way, looks like the shoot went really well. Great shots.

Talk to you soon and please keep in touch.

Gene Higa

~Bill said...

Bring it on, Oly/Seattle is only a 15hr drive away! And pack your bike too!