Monday, February 19, 2007

Bridal Shoots Galore!


I am just back from the Bay Area and while the purpose of my trip was to visit my very ill and absolutely wonderful Grandma Janet, I knew I should get in some shooting in to help keep my mind at ease. I made a call to my sister-in-law Courtney to arrange a model for me so I could do one shoot--I ended up doing 4 location shoots including 3 bridal's, an engagement shoot and some headshots! I'm exhausted!
I love this time of the year because I get the opportunity to shoot for myself and really push myself creatively. I often have brides ask me what I would do if I could do whatever I wanted; well here you go! I figured that I might as well really challenge myself and shoot almost exclusively at night, after all, my style tends to be dramatic and nighttime really lets me show off all my skills.
While I was there I called up my new friend Trevor Meeks to shoot with me. It is always fun to shoot with another photographer so that you can see how different two people see the same subject. Plus, it was a lot of fun!
Here are just a couple of images I edited real quickly to get up here. I have a very busy week coming up as I will be re-releasing my website soon otherwise I would post more as there are tons of great shots...if I don't say so myself :)











5 comments:

- Ryan Flynn Photography - said...

that first shot is GREAT man! the others are really nice, also. gotta love that 70-200!

jason groupp said...

Dude - those are really beautiful. Coming from someone who knows what a challenge nightime shooting is you really nailed it. Cant wait to see the super secret images!

colinmichael said...

Thanks guys, it was a really fun time.
Jason- all I have to do is finish editing for the new website...100 or so images to go!

Trevor Meeks said...

it was great shooting with you! i didn't realize you had linked to me until i checked my google analytics page... i'd better get some of those shots up on my blog/site huh?

PS - love the shot from above ;-)

Jeanette said...

I'm always amazed. Great work. Thanks for the workshop at OSP, I went home and assisted a wedding using manuel exposure and flash for the first time! I was happy with most of my photos!