Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Yes, I shoot weddings!

Haha, I was just reading my last post and then looked back and was laughing because it looks like I shoot everything BUT weddings! In the past five weeks I have shot 5 weddings (and will hit my limit of 25 for the year in just a couple more weeks) and have shot various commercial and portrait jobs as well so it's funny to not see any wedding images here! I've been super busy getting all these weddings and other jobs turned around in a timely manner so I've been slacking on my postings. I also had a wonderful couple a few weeks ago who'd images I can't post because of the grooms job but I have 2 more weddings that I will be posting up her in the next few days.
I often am asked where I find inspiration and truly I find that the best inspiration comes from within when you feel challenged. And what better way to feel challenged than to shoot with some of the best photographers in the business? I don't get to do it all that often but I really love second shooting with friends as the pressure is off me and I can just experiment and try things I would never have the time for when I'm shooting for myself. Wether it's setting up 3 off camera lights for a reception or just finding new angles that I wouldn't normally try, second shooting can be awesome. Combine that with the fact that I am super fortunate to call some of the worlds top photographers my friends and that's a recipe for some great times! They challenge me to push myself and I usually end up quite inspired! A big thanks to all of my friends who have invited me to join them at some amazing weddings!

Here are a few images from Jennifer and Ming's wedding with Gene Higa. To all the Photographers who read my blog: GO SEE GENE SPEAK! It will help your business so much you won't believe it! I know he and Jason Groupp are having a workshop in NYC in just a few weeks and I think there is a spot or two left!
This first one is from the garden area in front of San Francisco City Hall (where the ceremony and reception were held).




Outside the beautiful St. Regis Hotel in San Francisco.




Jennifer and Ming's reception was AMAZING! Top SF coordinator Michelle Martinez showed why many consider her the best coordinator in the Bay Area.




This is from Shannon and Barney's Seattle wedding with Chris of Chris+Lynn. They were such a great couple! Not to mention that the wedding was at the most beautiful cathedral I've seen outside of Europe!


I had to throw in some night shots! We were at a beautiful members only club just up from the waterfront and the building was just too gorgeous not to include!


This is from much earlier this year when I shot with my good friend John Griffin. Charles was THE MAN! He was a ton of fun and really liked this "Godfather" look!


I shot Craig and Mary's wedding a couple months ago with the incomparable Ann Hamilton. I LOVED shooting with Ann, she is so laid back and it really puts everyone at ease! Craig and Mary were totally game to do just about whatever so we threw them behind a broken down street car on The Embarcadero in San Francisco and they really worked it!


1 comment:

jenbabae said...

Colin, everything looks amazing! Some of those pictures I haven't seen yet because they're not in Gene's website. So cool! I also can't wait to see the boudoir pictures because no one has given me a teaser yet.

Keep blogging and up with the good work so I can see more awesome stuff!