Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tom and Jennifer's Santa Ynez Wedding



Wow, have I ever been blessed with being a part of some awesome couple's lives this year! Jenny and Tom's wedding day started out at the beautiful Wine Valley Inn in Solvang, which is near Santa Barbara, with the ceremony at Old Mission Santa Inés, also in Solvang. Jenny is one of the sweetest people I have ever met and has a great sense of style so we were able to capture some wonderful moments while she was getting ready. She had this great cottage where a lot of her family and friends were getting ready and having a great time. Her family was so much fun and such a big group! The amazing part is just how close everyone is with each other, it was amazing to see all the love!
Tom and the guys were also at the Wine Valley Inn. Tom's a great guy and a perfect match for Jenny, you often hear people say "they were made for each other" which may sound a bit cliché but is so true for these two! We got some great shots of Tom and the guys before heading over to the Mission for the ceremony. Tom is this burly looking guy but he is also one of the nicest people I've been lucky enough to work with, it's so funny! The ceremony was beautiful and I found a great spot for the family photos out in the courtyard.
After that we headed over to the reception....WOW! Jenny, her family and Alyssah from Save the Date did such an great job with the design! Relatives were at the venue late into Friday night transforming the hall into an exception venue, very good work everyone! Lani at LBPS Events did an AMAZING job with the lighting, everything looked fantastic! Being a photographer who loves using lighting to enhance a scene, I can really appreciate what they did, it made my job even easier! Check out the dancing shot below, that was in the middle of the day which shows how good of work they do, all I had to do was add in some off camera strobes to balance to their accent light and it was beautiful!
The reception was a ton of fun and they even had a Photo Booth which is always a good time!
I will be getting together with Tom and Jenny again in about a week for a "Day After" shoot (yeah, I know, it's not really the 'day after' :) and can't wait to get to work on their wedding album as it will be delicious! I had such a great time, thanks to Jenny, Tom and their wonderful families!
This is such a small sampling of how many amazing image there are from this wedding! I want to put up more but I think I'll save it for my website :)

























4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Colin, Great stuff! I like the new logo too. Good to see you in NY!

Anonymous said...

Love your work Colin! Beautiful job... can't even pic a favorite.

tj cameron said...

great shots man. looks like a cool location.

Anonymous said...

Stunning work Colin!