Sunday, September 02, 2007

Canada



Phew! Tons of fun stuff has been happening these past few weeks, it is really exciting! I just got back from Canada where Stephanie and I spent a couple day up at the Whistler Bike Park then headed down to Vancouver to visit with my good friends Chris and Lynn and to shoot a wedding.
After just 6 hours of travel we arrived in Vancouver around 11am on Tuesday very excited to be there. Whistler is just about 120K (I'm still stuck in the metric system so that's about 80 miles) from Vancouver so we figured that it would take about 2 hours drive on a fairly curvy 2 lane road. I remembered the Winter Olympics are going to be there in 2010 and had heard about the road construction projects but 4 hours later I knew them all intimately! At least it was a beautiful drive.
The first day I headed up to the bike park to do some jump runs and experience a bit of the lift-accessed adrenaline rush that is Whistler. I had tons of fun and got to ride trails that are nothing like what I normal ride. The next day I went for a more normal, for me, cross-country ride of about 30 miles. On the way up one of the trails I found myself riding across ladders and bridges, like you see below, and down some kind of crazy rocks. I forgot how much better my own bike is than the rental I was on when I headed down the narrow spine of a boulder and proceeded to do a swan-dive about 6 feet onto my chest and face! I was SO lucky to land on a very soft spot and not get too hurt!
The next day we headed down to Chris and Lynn's place where another friend TJ Cameron was also hanging out. We had a great time fooling around in Vancouver and having a great time! Thanks so much for letting us stay C+L, we had a great time and can't wait to do it again!


It rains so much that regular trails turn into bogs thus the creation of wooden trails!


Hmm, this sign probably should have been my first warning...



I came down that rock from right to left on the highest point...but ended up at the lowest just outside the frame in front of my bike!

2 comments:

LuckyRedHen said...

Ouch! But sounds like fun!

ANGELA HUBBARD | Hubbard Photography said...

GORGEOUS!