Thursday, April 26, 2007

Children's photo session



Last weekend, while I was up in Sonoma for a wedding consultation, my friend Krista asked me to take some shots of her son with her niece and nephew so we ran down to a local church and borrowed their lawn. Shooting kids is so funny because of how they react to new situations; at one moment they will be totally natural and relaxed, the next they will be shy and the next they will be laughing uncontrollably! The hard part is getting them comfortable enough to have a naturally happy look that isn't too "posed." That and sitting still!
I love when you look at a photograph of someone when they are a child and you can see how their personality has always been there. That's why I am sure to always get the smiles that Grandma likes to see but I also capture the essence of the child's personality so the parents can look at the picture and really see their child as they know them.
I haven't been doing many child sessions as I have been so busy with weddings and commercial work but after this one I think I will start doing more. Kids are all so unique and uninhibited, it really makes for a fun time shooting them!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colin, you really are doing a wonderful job, though by the looks of it those kids were beautiful to begin with. Must be good genes. You definitely captured their precious faces forever!!

Chris+Lynn said...

These are FUN! Brought a smile to my face!