Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Even time/a couple recent FILM (gasp!) wedding pics

With all the pics of Kyla we haven't seen much of Caiden! Here's a funny one I shot with my trusty Holga film camera. I love this shot, if I ever had a band it would be my band's poster! I have not edited this image, this is how it came out of the camera.



And here a couple shots from a recent wedding with my friend Gene Higa. I have to also congratulate Gene on being named Top 10 Wedding Photographer of 2008!
It was a beautiful wedding out in the Livermore area with a very fun couple, Will and Andrea. I shot a ton (of course) but these are just a couple of my favorites from the film I shot. I find it really funny that I will take 1,000 digital images and yet my favorites are usually from the film though I only shoot maybe 100 frames of film! Part of what I love about film is the amazing and soft skin tones I get. The other part is that you can't look at a LCD to see what you captured so you really have to concentrate and trust your skill as a photographer to get great images! Plus, at more than $1.75 for every time I push the shutter button, you want to be sure that every shot is a great shot!

It was really windy so we had a fun time trying to keep that long veil under control!






I love this shot of the Fathers talking. There is something so amazing about the look of a good and grainy black and white film when combined with a rangefinder camera! I love the mood and feel of this image.


LOL, yes, I even use my $12 Holga camera for ceremony shots!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the first shot of caiden. Totally can see a band type feel to it and love the shots of the bride colin. Very cool.

Scott Andrew said...

these are bad to the bone. film is on my list. i've got a few backs layin around and an old friend who wants me to do it. great work colin. must be awesome to shoot with gene.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! where'd you pick up a holga for $12!!!!???

Yeah, film's a blast.