Thursday, March 27, 2008

Vegas! WPPI '08



Wow, I've now been home for exactly one week and I'm am just now feeling normal again, what a great time! I left on Saturday afternoon to head down to San Diego for an engagement shoot. The drive was kind of brutal but I had my latest book on tape from audible.com so it was all good. Saturday night I met up with my friends and past bride and groom Angie and Brian for some drinks and dinner. The next morning, after the engagement (I'll post those soon!) I drove out to Vegas where I had a shoot then the festivities began.
I met tons of great people and had an awesome time. Not much sleep though! The convention is the largest of the year and brings together pretty much everyone in the wedding and portrait photography industry. It is a far cry from my everyday life in little San Luis Obispo! I get the chance to hang out with many good friends, meet the vendors I use and check out new products that are offered. Basically, it is the same as any other tradeshow but you know me, I always manage to have a good time wherever I go :)

Brian and Angie



Jason Groupp,Aimee Cooper and Me at some party...not sure who's as we went to a ton of them but I think it was at my new friend Sara France's.


Gene, who I have far more embarrassing images of but I won't do that to him! We're making fun of modes...sorry, the patron was flowing so it seemed funny at the time...


The San Francisco Crew, left to right
Jesse, John, Augie, someone I don't know (sorry) and Gene


John with his girlie drink our server set him up with!


Gene and Angelica oh my, after this we had the most wild limo ride ever! That was too fun!


My new favorite Southern Girls! Amy Martin and Mary Beth Tyson. That isn't my arm, but that would be funny if my hands were that feminine!


Jason got a really weird fortune out of a giant fortune cookie...only in Vegas!



Almost missed this one so I'm adding it in. Jefferson Todd, me and Aimee



What a great time, I'm looking forward to next year! So much more fun stuff, I had 7 shoots over the past 2 weeks so I've got tons of blogging to catch up on. But you know how it goes, you leave for a week and it takes a month to make it up!

3 comments:

Amy Martin said...

Woohoo! So much fun! Nice pic of Jason with the fortune... that makes me laugh! :)

Anonymous said...

I was bummed not to be able to meet up with you in Vegas colin. Looks like you had a blast though.

Mary Beth Tyson Photography said...

ahhhh! that's awesome!! I love this post! I'm glad you think my hand is feminine. That would be awful if it did look like it could be your hand.

I had SOOO much fun with you all.

mary beth