Saturday, March 01, 2008

Christina Bridal Images


Last week I headed over to Eagle Castle Winery which is just over the hill from me in Paso Robles to shoot some Bridal images with the beautiful Christina. Eagle Castle is a newer winery with a ton of great spots to shoot. They also have some fantastic wines as well...you didn't think I would go and not try them did you? They are quickly growing to become one of the premiere wedding venues in San Luis Obispo county and after shooting there I can see why!
We started off inside in the Library which is baroque in design and quite stunning. The fabrics and interesting metal work made for a wonderful setting that just needed some touches of my lighting to really make them come out. We then headed up the grand staircase for some natural light shots. I have to say that I wasn't expecting to get much natural light inside a castle but the architects did an great job of keeping the design but also adding in windows to allow for beautiful natural light. I was completely prepared to shoot all with strobes and ended up hardly using them at all!
We then headed out onto the patios and then the vineyards themselves. The sun went behind a hill just to the west of Eagle Castle and shaded the entire venue (which would be awesome during the hot summer months) but left the far hills lit and gave us some of the best natural light I have ever had. It was a great shoot, Christina was amazing and the venue was perfect! I love my job!

The dresses are from Central Coast Wedding Center in San Luis Obispo. Kim, the owner, is fantastic to work with and has an amazing selection. I was very surprised by the wide selection when we were picking out the dresses for this shoot, she's got everything, I'm going to tell all of my brides to check there before driving to Santa Barbara or San Francisco!
Thanks again to Eagle Castle Winery for allowing us to use the facility for this shoot, it was amazing!



















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colin my first words that came out of my mouth when I saw these was "oh damn" The last 2 images are outstanding. My fav is the 2nd to last. Awesome work!!!

Anonymous said...

nice! we need to get Bridals going as a norm in Cali!! (did I just write cali????) wow...

jason groupp said...

Beautiful images Colin. Loving the dress and location too!

Anonymous said...

verrry nice my friend. I must agree.. last 2 images rock

- Ryan Flynn Photography - said...

absolutely love those last 3 or so. The light is amazing. nice work!