Monday, September 15, 2008

Andrew and Sara at Robert Hall Winery



I had a great time shooting my friend's Andrew and Sara's wedding! Andrew and I had worked together about 6 years ago at a winery in Paso Robles and have stayed friends since. With him being in sales and my work all over the country plus a family we don't get to hang out that often but it was fun be at he and Sara's wedding!
We started at the Paso Robles Inn with both Andrew and Sara getting ready in separate rooms before meeting up to spend some time together and doing some of the family pictures and a session of the two of them. I have to admit that I was a bit nervous as it was 108 degrees just two days before the wedding but it cooled off to a very comfortable 80 and sunny, it was a beautiful day! I know a few of Sara's bridesmaids so that made it very comfortable and a lot of fun to catch up with them.
Andrew was his usual easygoing and fun self, I swear I would freak out if I ever saw him stress out because the world would have to be coming to the end for that to happen! After some very funny moments when they met up out in the gardens, we shot some of the family photos and then a quick session of Andrew and Sara before heading over to Robert Hall Winery for the ceremony and reception. Robert Hall does a lot of weddings and it really shows. They are quite organized and it is a truly beautiful venue. Add in some great people, excellent food and perfect weather and you have a great wedding! The party lasted into the night and everyone had a great time.
Here's wishing Andrew and Sara many years of happiness!

Sara looking amazing!


Mr. Jones himself


The ladies in the cafe, gotta love the light here!


Sara's father is a High School photography teacher so she knows how to pose!


I love this shot of Andrew about minute before the ceremony. It's as nervous as I've ever seen him!


The ceremony was on the West side of Robert Hall looking over the vineyards











We did a quick session in the vineyard at sunset


Then I did some of my signature night shooting at the fountain. Every photographer uses this fountain but I think my take on it is very different from what others do! haha, how many shoot in total darkness!?


Robert Hall's rear patio at night, beautiful!

2 comments:

LuckyRedHen said...

Beautiful light! Love seeing the winery again ;)

Anonymous said...

Dude Colin.......Rockin it out man!!!!!!! these are all fantastic. Great work. I swear i have seen that winery before :)