Sunday, November 11, 2007

Rob and Elisa's Sacramento Wedding


One of the great things about shooting weddings at destinations away from home is finding great new locations to explore, even better when they are not all that far away! Sacramento is overlooked by many on the coast as most people think of LA and San Francisco as being the centers for excitement and urban life in California. Well, I can now add Sacramento to the list of great California cities with nightlife filled downtowns, beautiful and historic neighborhoods and plenty to do.
I headed up to San Francisco the night before Rob and Elisa's wedding and stayed with my long time friend Jen and her husband Rodger (thanks guys!). The next morning I headed out from their place for a quick run down to Baker Beach and then headed out to meet Elisa at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel which is just down from the State Capitol Building. Elisa is part of a large and extremely fun Portuguese family so there were tons of fun moments and everyone had a great time. Elisa is probably one of the funniest people I know and she is so well balanced with Rob, they are perfect for each other.
The ceremony was at a beautiful church in Mid-town, Sacrad Heart Parish. Rob's choir performed all the songs, I wish I would have gotten an recording because they are truly amazing! After the ceremony when headed back to the Capitol Park for some pictures then the party began at the reception.
I had a great time and have to thank Rob and Elisa for having me as well as Chris and Danielle for helping out. I can't wait to head back up there to hang out with everyone again!















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW Colin, the last picture is beautiful. Thanks again letting me shoot with you.