Monday, January 19, 2009

Not bad for 3!



Caiden has been riding a bike with training wheels since he was 2 1/2 so about 2 months ago we decided to go for no training wheels (he's 3 years old now). He loves riding his bike with me and tries things (like going down big hills) that really surprise me! I got him real excited about trying no training wheels as on a previous attempt he got frustrated because he is used to riding all over with no effort but without the training wheels he didn't have that mobility. We went over to a nice slight downhill lawn and we tried for a few minutes. I put my hand on the small of his back and he gave it a shot. The key is for me to keep him moving but not to hold him up or else he doesn't learn balance. The lawn was too hard to roll on so we went to a quiet parking lot and he picked it up in no time! Pretty impressive I think :)
This bike is his reward for the hard work. I'm in the process of building a BMX track for both of us along with jumps (big for me, small for him). He's jumping off curbs and (as long as he's wearing pads) doesn't mind crashing too much lol
Oh, and 80's fans just got to love the glasses in this pic!


Getting back to actual photography for a second, look for a bunch of posts in the next week as I've had some awesome shoots in Texas, Carmel, San Francisco and Santa Barbara. Also, I will be in Las Vegas for a week in February so if you want to do your engagement session or day after session out there let me know, it's an amazing city to shoot in!

2 comments:

jenbabae said...

Look at the little guy! He's totally rocking those glasses on that hot bike, WITHOUT the trainers! YAY! Nice photography, dad. So jealous. I need to learn some of those skills before I reproduce.

Jonathan said...

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!