Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Martin Paris Band



Over the weekend I shot the Martin Paris Band. They are a great local band that does lots of gigs at weddings and winery events. I recently saw them play at Summerwood Winery just down the street and they were a ton of fun. I just put up one of their songs on my website, go check it out at ColinMichaelphoto.com
We got together down at the Paso Robles train station for a shoot on a breezy and cold November afternoon. As soon as I got setup one of my strobes (a strobe is a big studio flash) started acting up so we shot without it for awhile. After the light warmed up it started working again and we were able to get these couple of really cool images.
In case anyone is wondering, these images were taken around 4pm on a cloudy day. All I do to create this effect is to turn up the power on my strobe so the exposure is around +1 1/2 stops over the ambient light. This makes the background darker than the areas affected by my strobe and I really like the effect.

No comments: