Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Jeanné & Andy's Wedding Happening!

What an amazing and unique wedding! I had so much fun shooting this one for Studio 101 West. Jeanné and Andy are wonderful people and cyclists as well; as soon as I found out that they are avid mountain bikers and highly involved in the local cycling scene I knew we would get along famously.
The day started off rainy but Jeanné was confident it would clear up (which it did). We started at the Quality Suits in Uptown San Luis Obispo which has some great hallways and gardens. The ceremony was held at the historic Jack House which is a beautiful location in the heart of SLO's downtown area. Beautiful location, beautiful bride and fun groomsmen, what wasn't to love!
Many of the guests were the cyclists that I normally see out on the trails; there were so many ultra-fit people (including Jeanné and Andy) that I didn't eat dinner!
The first Thursday of every month in SLO there is an event called the "Bike Happening" where local cyclists kind of take back the streets from cars. For the perfect end to the wedding we had a "Wedding Happening" in which we sent off Jeanné and Andy via a lap around downtown. I can't say it was the safest thing I have ever done to take pictures with 7 lbs. of professional digital camera equipment in one hand and a 40 year old rusty brake lever in the other but I made it and got a few great pictures as well.
I can't wait to ride with them again!














1 comment:

Jillian Kay said...

beautiful! love the portrait of the bride. what a fun story and couple. :) she was brave to get on the bike in a long dress!